Electronic Prescribing Service (EPS)
How does EPS benefit you?
- The EPS is an NHS service. It gives you the option to have your prescription sent electronically to a pharmacy or dispensing appliance contractor (if you use one) of your choice that offers this service.
- You don't need to go to the surgery to collect the prescription.
- No risk of losing your prescription.
- Your medication will usually be ready for you to collect when you arrive at the pharmacy, saving you time.
- You can change your nominated pharmacy at any time.
- You can also cancel the service altogether and revert back to paper one whenever you wish.
How Can I Use EPS?
- You need to "NOMINATE" a pharmacy or dispensing appliance contractor of your choice that offers this service. This can be near your home, work or shop.
- Ask the pharmacy or dispensing contractor to be your "NOMINATED" pharmacy. Or you can ask your GP surgery to do it for you. YOU DON'T NEED A COMPUTER TO DO IT.
- All local pharmacies in Walton, Weybridge, Hersham area are offering this service.
- If you wish to change the "NOMINATED" pharmacy or wish to cancel the EPS service, please inform the GP surgery or the nominated pharmacy.
For further information please click here.